February 2023 Meeting Summary
If you weren't able to join us, please read on for a short recap. Members are welcome to request the full minutes by e-mail.
- Opening Remarks
- This was our 50th meeting!
- March's meeting will mark the 5th anniversary of the Guild and will be back in-person with a hybrid option!
- Our membership fee for the rest of the season is now reduced!
- Visit our fellow guild, the Ottawa Modern Quilt Guild for info on a virtual bomber jacket making workshop they have now set for March/April!
- Upcoming events and sew-ins
- Sew-in and Jeans sewing support group continues, Members, check your e-mail for info, or email us!
- Mélyna Langevin of Gorgeously Vintage spoke to us all about her passion for vintage sewing!
- Included talkong about her sewing heros (her grandma, Edith Head), fav sews, key vintage techniques, and tips and tricks!
- Sewing SOS
- Stephanie asked about tips for constructing with a serger.
- Jessica asked about serging seams before or after constructing the garments.
- Sew and Tell!! and Pattern of the Month (#oggpom)
- Thank you all for sharing your winter skirts!
- Don't forget to use #oggpom for your OGGPOMs and #oggsewandtell on Instagram for other projects you would like to show off
You can find February's slides (and all of our past meetings) here!